Monday, September 22, 2008

TLC187 - Bookmark card

The new technique on splitcoast today was a bookmark. Not the everyday bookmark you always see, but one that fits over the corner of the page in the book. How cool is that?
Anyway, got late start on mine, but here it is:





I decided to add my bookmark as part of the card...so I used it as the roof of the house. The cardstock is bazill, and the dp is Heidi Grace. The stamped tree comes from...hmm, I cannot remember! And that my friends is why I will never be chosen to be on a design team...I am so bad with giving credit to all these companies! ;)
I used the same dp for the drapes in the windows as I did for the actual bookmark. I also added velum to the windows.
Well, have to say that was a really fun card to make!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!

7 comments:

Rosella said...

WOW! What a great way to insert the bookmark! Totally fantastic!!

Catherine said...

Sandra this is way too cool, i saw this at SCS and i have to say i like yours the best :)

Lisa Olson said...

Aw Sandra what a fantastic card, so cleverly thought out, attention to the detail and the soft colours are just fab.
Another great job!!

Patter Cross said...

Wow, this is amazing! I haven't seen the technique yet but it looks like you rocked it for sure! Just love this!

Joanne said...

What a cool bookmark card! Very clever idea... Thanks for tagging me. It's fun learning little things about each other!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous!!! I have never seen this technique before, and it is awesome!!! I may have to try it one of these days:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Diane Noble said...

So clever. Love the interactive idea for a bookmark. I'll have to look into the whole technique that you pulled off so well here.