Monday, September 15, 2008

A great distraction!

A good friend of mine called the other day to tell me that she was engaged! What wonderful news to help take my mind off of everything else that is going on. But truly, I could not be happier for her. She is such a sweetheart. So, I met her for dinner tonight. And I could not go without a gift, so this is what I made for her.

This was a fun card to make. It is a tent card made using soft sky from SU and embossed vellum. The scalloped border was done with a Martha Stewart punch. I did get the inspiration for this card on splitcoast, but it was so long ago and just embedded in my mind that I do not have the link to give credit where credit is due. Sorry about that!



And I just kept the theme going with the frame. I used the same SU stamped flower for the top frame (Stamped on vellum, colored using ink pad and blender pen) soft sky cs, and embossed vellum. The middle frame will be for a picture of the engaged couple, and the bottom frame is a prayer for the two of them.



She loved it. And I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lisa Olson said...

Sandra, What an amazing card, i love the colours, so pretty. Cool idea with the picture frame.
Great Job.
Your MIL card is in the post today, wil post a photo later.

Lisa Olson said...

Hi Sandra, thanks for stopping by the blog today, so glad you like my latest creation. You are in my prayers.

Take care for now

Hugs

Laura said...

What a gorgeous frame and card. I really need to do more projects like that! I am glad you got some happy news and I hope you had a nice time visiting with your friend.

Catherine said...

Sandra, this is beautiful!